Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Best Calling Card Ever!

So, apparently the Jehovah's Witnesses were in our little neighborhood last week.  I'm sure most people have experienced  their particular type of proselytism in the past.  While I view religion as an individual right but not an obligation, I really hold no ill will toward them or any denomination of Christianity or any other religion that wants to try to sell me some faith, as long as they're not pushy.  I HATE pushy sales people.

Since Jim & I work about 10 to 12 hours a day, they would have to be really dedicated to actually catch us at home in order to give us the full, in-person spiel.  Of course, we weren't home this time either.  So, I'm about to unlock the door late one night, when I noticed what turned out to be their calling card/invitation to something--I forget--at the local events arena.  It was in the form of about a 4" x 7" brochure, that was folded length wise a couple of times and shoved in our door so all you could see was this:

JESUS FROM AFAR.
JESUS UP CLOSE.























Now the pics here were taken in daylight, so you'd actually be able to see everything. However, keep in mind this was late at night and pretty dark, so all I could see on the paper at the time was "JESUS".  I pulled it out of the door to see that it was actually a multiple choice question.

Multiple choice question, but maybe they should make the possible answers a little bigger next time.
I didn't notice the three possible answers below, and Jim was curious to know what it was.  As I show him the question, I blurted out, "Well, I just saw Jesus in my crack!"  He sighed and pointed out that was probably not the answer they were expecting, as he pointed to the possible answers below the question.  I told him it was too late, and that if they want me to take Jesus seriously they should try hanging him on my door next time instead of shoving him in my crack.  He walked off mumbling something about being in Hell or going to Hell.  I don't know.  I do know it was the best calling card ever and if I'm ever in the market for some new religion I will call the Jehovah's first.  They obviously have a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment